Friday, May 30, 2008

upside down tomato hooks and emma-roo

When I went to take this picture, the handyman exclaimed, "Don't take a picture yet. They're not even plumbed!" While I have the good sense to know "plumbed" has nothing to do with running water in this case, I decided plumbed or not, I was taking the picture.




Emma-roo has never been a nickname for Emma. She's been Emma-bean, Emma-lou, Emma-honey, Emma-remma - the list goes on a long ways but has never covered Emma-roo. And, I gotta tell ya, it probably won't. I was flipping through some pictures, and I found this action shot. (If I call it an "action shot" can I be excused for it's terrible focus?)

When she gets really wound up, Emma races around with her haunches low; it has something to do both with the running and the fact that the big white dog will randomly dart in and pick up one of her back legs in his mouth. He doesn't bite. Sometimes he shakes a little like a shark with a snack, but he doesn't bite down hard. She's not wild about it though. Anyway, when I first saw this picture, little black kangaroo, or Emma-roo, came to mind.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Can't wait to see those maters grow!!! Thanks for all the advice bout those peppers...just waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks :-)

Anonymous said...

The doggies are so cute!