Thursday, April 16, 2009

pergola practice

I would love to have a pergola in my backyard. I think I've said as much to the Handyman on a number of occasions.

Apparently, Handyman, Sr. has been hearing similar requests regarding the hot tub at the Handyman Ranch in California.  Somewhere along the way, there was a request for some extra hands.

We jumped at the chance to go help (and the chance to thaw our Montana-cold bones in some California sunshine).



I didn't really help with this stage, but I think it's sort of self-explanatory, right?  I'm pretty sure I was still in the thaw stage.



Yeah, didn't help too much here either , but I definitely delivered some lemonade before this stage.



I'm pretty sure I gave words of encouragement at this particular moment.


And you can't tell, but I'm actually spotting them on this little move here.



A-hah!  This looks much more like my department: Handyman-in-training.  This little guy's eyeing a hammer that's lying just outside the shot thinking, "I'm totally helping out next year."  

Good for you, little guy.  That's way more than what I'm doing.  I can't wait for the day I get to tell you I changed your diapers.


So it's almost done.


And surveying the work... (I was a pro at this... I gave the Handyman a few tips on that ladder lean so he could really get the most out of it.)


At the end, we celebrated like every new pergola owner should: roasting smores over a fire pit and drinking Aquavit before taking a dip in the hot tub. 

Practice over.  I think I'm ready now.
   

1 comment:

Victoria Williams said...

Aquavit, huh? Haven't tried it. So.....on to your pergola next?