Wednesday, March 12, 2008

chaos and cookies

So, Sunday night, I set out a gazillion ingredients and got to work making a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and a batch of coffee ice cream batter.   The cookies were for a workshop on Tuesday - I kept the dough in a ziploc bag and baked Tuesday morning.   The ice cream is for myself and has yet to be churned.

I had originally intended to title this "coffee ice cream: part 1."  But really, my part 1 is terrible.  The pictures didn't come out well at all, and the ones on Elise's page are fantastic.  I don't want to discourage you from trying this, but it's pretty labor-intensive.  When I got my ice cream maker, I had this dream that I'd pour in milk and sugar, and homemade ice cream would magically appear.  Nope.  Not even close with this recipe.  Lots of heating and stirring and steaming and steeping... 

But, I consider this round of ice cream an experiment, and I'll let you know if it was worth the effort.  Stay tuned for the part 2 that's really part 1 because this post is just about chaos in the kitchen.  Consider this post an endorsement to be messy and go crazy and take on way more than you think you can do on a "school night" no matter how tired you know you'll be on Wednesday (or how tired you should have known you'd be).



No comments: