Monday, April 7, 2008

four blogs for cooking inspiration...

There are TONS of blogs for cooking, and I've been scanning a few of them lately. Judging by the last however-many posts, my world has been mostly about gardening these days. Since I haven't had time to be creative, I've been drooling over these blogs... waiting for my break so I can get back into the food swing-of-things.


The Noble Pig is kind of a hodge-podge of cooking and wine
 stuff. She's actually working on developing a vineyard in Oregon - how cool is that?




I haven't made anything off the Smitten Kitchen blog yet, but I go there just for the pictures.... Food's never looked so good! Some of the recipes off this blog are at the top of my list once I try again to be creative with meal-time.









This is one of my favorites - and I think one of yours, too. At least every third or fourth blog I browse has a link to the Pioneer Woman's site. I've eaten several of her recipes now, and at this point, I'd pretty much endorse anything on there. She's funny, she's crazy, she's got remodel projects and horses and cows and photo tips and a unique perspective of life on the range. Definitely one of my blogging heroes.




This last gal is some one I found a while ago, and I think she's amazing. Beyond cooking, AfricanKelli's got all kinds of fun projects, political commentary, and interesting photos. She has what looks like great community meals each week, and I've thought on more than one occasion, "I wish I lived in Arizona!" Since I'm here in Montana, I'll just cruise by her blog every now and then for dinner inspiration!

Quick add: Angela at the Painted House just posted today about going vegan (as part of Erin's Mama Monday food theme).  I just started looking through her recipes tonight, but they look really tasty... I plan on more exploring over at her food blog, Dinner's Ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a doll for posting that! I do hope you get a break soon and cook your little heart out!

Anonymous said...

These are cool sites! Thanks so much for sharing them!!!

African Kelli said...

Um, holy cow. I am so honored to be included! I was going to comment, "oooh, I love Smitten and Pioneer Woman!" Thank you for your kind words. Off to explore that Pig site...