Thursday, July 17, 2008

gas challenge update

I have a bit of a dilemma.  I've had to put the gas challenge on hold.  

I took a picture of where my gas tank indicator was on Monday because at exactly thirty-one days, I released my car into the capable hands of my good friends from North Carolina.  

After paying for plane tickets to come all the way out to see ME, I couldn't let them rent a car - especially when this challenge has slimmed down my driving frequency so much so that I didn't even think twice about it once they drove away for their afternoon touring trips!

So, my friends are up in Glacier now, and when they return tonight, I have to decide if I should resume tracking my usage, or simply be pleased with 1) the fact that I'm sure I would have made it two months and 2) that I have new habits that benefit the environment, and almost more importantly, my pocketbook. 

As I am ready to move on to other things, I'll probably be satisfied with progress so far, and simply take the counter down.  If you haven't tried something like this, you should give it a go... I've had fun!



1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to Go!!! We can just pretend since the car's being used for a good cause now. I knew that you could do it...me on the other hand wouldn't have had a chance, lol.