Monday, July 28, 2008

basil night

Apparently there was one zinnia that didn't die from the aphid attack - this zinnia snuck out of the greenhouse and into the Handyman's yard in a basil tray (so says the Handyman).



Go on and pick your basil - we're making pesto tomorrow.

The reason we're making pesto tomorrow night is because I had every intention of making pesto tonight, yet it just didn't happen. I made a big dinner instead.  All of the leaves are off the stems now though. That will put us ahead of the game when we start tomorrow.

  

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

Mmmm... homemade pesto from homegrown basil? I'm drooling. YUM!

Anonymous said...

That is a really gorgeous picture!

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of basil!!

I also have basil, but just one plant. The climate is not very basilfriendly were I live, and people told me no no you can't plant basil outside, you live in Norway, cold cold, basil will be sad and die, plant it in your kitchen window. But I thought I should give it a try, so i planted one outside in the end of may, and it is growing and seems to be quite happy! So I prooved them wrong. But I don't have enough to make peso, but I have enough to use it as pizzatopping :-)