Friday, June 27, 2008

a dinner

Last night, my dining room table finally got broken in.  I think I'm going to toot my own horn here because I was SO pleased with how dinner turned out - and even though I felt like I was so busy my head would explode, it wasn't that hard to make a lot of it from scratch.  Most of these sites have pictures (and I admit, there were some high-priority guests that I didn't want to flutter around taking picutres in front of), so I'm just including the links.  

Well... be well and eat well!  It's Friday!!



Crash Hot Potatoes - I think that the Pioneer Woman deserves an award for propagating these potatoes.  These were my favorite part of dinner.

Dinner Rolls - it's a recipe that came in the book with the bread machine.  Might have been the biggest hit of the night (though the marinades come close).  It's got a cup of water, 3 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of butter, an egg, 3 tbsp of dry milk, salt, and one and a half teaspoons of yeast.  You take it out of the basic dough cycle, separate, allow to rise, and bake till golden.  So many. So delicious.  So much for watching what I eat.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, where's the pictures? You should make those potatoes and enter them in my Potato Ho roundup!